Kayaking trip at Lake Texoma, Texas

After a couple weeks from our camping trip, I miss being outdoors. This, time my partner in crime couldn't make it. I didn't want to get lost on the trail. Therefore I took my kayak and went on an overnighter. I have to tell you, camping and addling alone were quite lonely. But it gave me time to relect.


I believe this was a vulture. He was eating a huge dead fish by the shore. Then I scared him.

Animal tracks. Didn't seem like a safe place to camp



Back on the water to find a campsite
Where I had lunch for the day

 It was a hot weekend. After hours of paddling and eating on the water, I desperately needed a nap and some rest. I turned around to find one of the campsites that I wanted to come back from last hike.
There were so many people at this lake this time of year. It got a bit noisy. But I'm not a difficult person. That didn't bother me much. I did hear coyotes howling at night though. That was a little frightening. But I was born to battle.

  Hammock camping was fun 




Good morning. It's time to go home.


0 comments:

Post a Comment